Wednesday, December 12, 2007

And so it goes...

I'm having a hard time remebering that Christmas is a mere 2 weeks away. Less than 2 weeks away now, infact. Between now and then I have a few dozen hours of work at my two jobs, 5 exams, 2 final projects, 2 Saturdays of family affairs, a room that NEEDS reorganizing, and an immune system to kick into gear. It's not easy to remember all the mystery and wonder that fills this time of year, rather, it's far easier to get caught up in the school and work and familial obligations and gift buying and cleaning and decorating... but if I focus on those things, I do the greatest dis-service to myself. I'm the one who loses on all that He wishes to teach me in this season, I'll be the one who loses the wonder and mystery of Christmas morning for myself, the joy of remembering what it is exactly the Baby Jesus was born to do... so tonight, I'm remembering to remember, and while I'm at it, I figure one or two of you out there could use the reminder too.
Oh, and if you have the best dad gift ever idea, or even a half-assed one, please pass it along. I'm in dire need of inspiration...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

best dad gift eh? how crafty are you with a sewing machine? i made a quilt for my parents one you with pictures of me and my siblings, as well as some of both of my parents. my dad really liked it a lot...a warm blanket of memories so to speak...
thanks for the reminder of what christmas is actually about. i too have been feeling bogged down with "to do" lists, rather than sit and remember the real meaning of this time of year. thanks katie!
dana.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and just so you know, that girl doesn't actually have a tattoo, although she does want to get one.