Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Suzy Homemaker

I am slowly re-aquiring an affinity for making and crafting things by my own hand. Last night I baked my first pie in years, and I loved it. Perhaps I could have added more cornstarch to thicken things up, but it was a delight.

It seems that sometimes making a hard decision, but one that truly needs to be made, is worth it for many reasons, including a return to things that make me who I am. Like baking, for instance, I love to bake! I love the textures and the smells and the tastes, the learning from failure, the discovering of new recipes, the joy in success, and the sharing of success with others. I like who I am when I am baking, throwing on good music, singing along, and knowing that someone I love will get to enjoy the finished product with me. There's beauty in that.

Tonight is Kris' first night on the bench for the U of A men's hockey team, and I'm off to spectate. I'll be a total loner too, but I'm so excited for him, even tho I'm probably more nervous than he is! Not that he won't be great, he will be, but I also hope the first few games are easy on him, so that he can get into the groove of things. His first practice involved a major wrist laceration, i'm hoping that's the worst that this year brings. Blood grosses me out. So do cadaver labs... and the smell of them that lingers after a long day in lab. Sick.

Moving on... I am very much looking forward to the final wedding of the summer on Saturday. Pretty sure it's the first camp wedding of my era, which makes it all the more exciting. Camp folks = Love. We'll be short on the k.blackwood front, which is a cryin' shame, but it will be a grand time.

Off to watch Canucks rookies and U of A hockey, should be interesting.

No comments: