Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mystery and Majesty

and so i contemplate the mystery and the majesty of all that You have done for me...

there are days, too infrequent in my life, when I'm knocked to my knees, and once I'm there, all I can do is seek the heart of one who has given me life.
God is gracious beyond my comprehension, and the way in which He continues to seek me, even while I am seeking my own selfish endeavors, astounds me. It's hard, impossible in fact, to see myself as God sees me, to hold in balance my gifts and talents and shortcomings and failures and sins and gifts with any sense of objectivity. I'm underwhelmed by the positive and overwhelmed by the negative. But He, He sees it all, and still chooses to love me, to desire my servanthood, to use me in His work, and that blows me away. How He is somehow able to to portray His love and grace thru the broken vessle that I am is something I'm having difficulty reconciling, it's certainly humbling, and at the same time, exhilirating.
I don't know what the point of this rambling is, but I'm excited. I'm excited about God and the work He is doing around me, and sometimes, somehow, thru me. There is something about the potential in life, the grace I have been extended, that makes me want to bask in the love of my maker, but then quickly send that out to others. I love ministry.

No comments: